The Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS) is a mature process used to identify molecules of a gas in very low concentrations. Therefore the molecules are ionized, separated by a drift through an electrical field and detected.
The Laser IMS is an extreme selective variation. Depending on the wavelength of the laser, different substances are ionized and therefore detected. All other substances (not ionized) are not detected and do not affect the measurement.
A measurement and analyzation is done in seconds and enables LIMS to perform real-time measurements of known chemical substances.
- High selectivity
- High sensitivity (up to parts per billion: 10-9)
- Relatively compact size and no radioactive element ensures limited handling and export issues
- 24/7 measurements possible
- Real time measurements.
- No probe preparation or special sampling needed
- Stand-alone system with automatic alarm system
LIMS is a promising project able to cover a wide range of applications and industries such as:
- Semi-Conductor industry: wafer production lines
- Security controls (military and para-military application, security gates, …)
- Chemical Warfare Agents (CWA)
- Industrial processes
- Air conditioning (for aircrafts)